Have you checked out The Hog Ring forum’s tutorial section? It’s a dedicated place for auto upholstery professionals to post or request how-to guides.
These aren’t DIY instructions slopped together by random Joes. They’re in-depth, step-by-step guides to advanced projects written by some of our craft’s leading trimmers. What’s more, both rookies and seasoned pros can benefit from the lessons shared.
- How to Make Sunvisors from Scratch — by Brent Parker of Brent Parker Motor Trimming
- How to Bind an Isolated Hole in a Carpet — by Brent Parker of Brent Parker Motor Trimming
- Trimming a Dashboard — by Gareth Judd
- How to Repair and Cover an ATV/Motorcycle Seat — by Chuck Bench of Stitch Rod & Trim
- How to Build Door Panels from Scratch — by Chuck Bench of Stitch Rod & Trim
The tips, tricks and lessons featured in these tutorials are invaluable! To keep this project going – and help grow our industry – check out the rules to posting and please add to the list with tutorials of your own. And if you need help with a project, feel free to post a request as well.