Hotrod & Restoration Magazine has published its annual report on the automotive restoration industry – including statistics on hourly rates, revenue and busy seasons for auto upholstery shops. Take a look at the data that they’ve compiled and let us know how your business measures up.
According to the report, the average auto upholstery shop…
- Has been in business for 30 years.
- Estimates sales revenue of $149,193.97 in 2013
- Charges an average of $55.56 per hour (a slight increase over last year)
- Works on an average of 33 vehicles per yeaar
- Is at its busiest during the months of May, July and August
- Is at its slowest during the months of January, December and February
Of the auto upholstery shops polled in HRR’s survey…
- 37% plan to raise their prices in 2013
- 16% plan to expand their business in 2013
- 48% have a website for their business
- 43% use social media to promote their services
- 62% Facebook
- 54% Google+
- 31% LinkedIn
- 23% HubGarage
- 8% Instagram
What do you think? Do these numbers seem right to you? How do they compare to your auto upholstery shop? Let us know in the comment section below.
For more detailed information – including similar data on mechanic, paint and body shops – check out the latest issue of Hotrod & Restoration Magazine.