The global automotive headliner market will be worth $20.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report.
Markets and Markets estimates that the headliner market is currently worth about $16.6 billion, but will balloon by nearly $4 billion in just 5 years.
They attribute the growth to a number of factors, including:
- Increased demand for more luxurious interior materials
- Renewed focus on the fit and finish of vehicle cabins
- Automakers utilizing more overhead systems and technology
- Growing regulations over materials for emissions and safety reasons
- An expanding automotive market
The automotive headliner industry is primarily based in Asia, with large manufacturers in China, India, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Thailand.
It is these manufacturers and countries that will benefit most from the market’s growth. However, gains will trickle down to the rest of the automotive manufacturing and aftermarket industries (which includes us!).
So expect a lot more headliner repairs and upgrades in your shop’s future…
The full report, titled “Automotive Headliner Market by Vehicle Type – Gobal Forecast 2025” is available from Markets and Markets.
Leave a Reply