How to Build a Display Motorcycle Seat

Published by Naseem Muaddi on June 11th, 2012

In April, I wrote an article titled “Why I Build Miniature Car Seats“. The article received such great feedback, that I decided to put together a short how-to video on the subject. This time, however, I’m building a display motorcycle seat.

To build the seat along with me, you’ll need the following templates: Display Motorcycle Seat Backrest and Display Motorcycle Seat Base. They’re in PDF format. Just print them off your computer and you’re ready to get started.

Please leave any questions that you have in the comments section below and I’ll be happy to answer them.

1. Nadeem says:

Great video Naseem! Can I convince you to release the out takes?

2. Ferbs Ferbs says:

Such an awesome video. Thank you so much for taking the time to make it!

3. 8-track 8-track says:

Cool video !! we should all contribute a tech video.

4. smiley says:

Great video, I may be attempting that some time this week. I have only one question: where on earth can you find a “razor blade” that long like the one you used in the video? Or ist that sometheing you made?

5. stitcher_guy stitcher_guy says:

I’ve been wondering the same thing as Smiley all day. That’s a great razor blade. From a supplier?? Annnnnddddrrreeeewwwwwww???!!!!???

6. Thanks guys. I love those razors, I have two and I use them nearly every day. I’ve had mine so long that I don’t remember where they came from but I did see the same ones for sale at the Joanne Fabric store. I’ll try to get a part number for you as soon as I can.

7. smiley says:

Please do, after seeing that video, I really want one or four.

8. tinabanana tinabanana says:

Great how to thx for taking the time. The camera work and editing is very well done as well.

9. Marc Fisher poppy79424 says:

The video is fabulous! Not only informative, but very well done. My hats off to you Naseem. Im gonna make some of those today. I had to go to Youtube to watch It. It never would load from here.

• I’m really glad you liked it poppy! Send some pics over when you’re done your seat. I’d love to see them and remember you can download the templates in the article above.

10. Cesar CESAR says:

Nice job!!! Very informative demonstration…
    Same procedures are used for real motorcycle seats when doing some repairs or changing the design.
    Furthermore, miniature upholstery projects help us to display a variety of designs we can create and customize, giving our customers an idea and/or chance to watch and choose one of its like.

11. bigredneck bigredneck says:

Looks good!

12. Anthony says:

Hello sir great forum. Where can I get the templates for the seats. Are they just mc seats or mc and bench/bucket seats as well

13. Roger Diaz says:

Any luck on finding those blades??