Custom Dashboards Made to Order

Published by Naseem Muaddi on August 22nd, 2012

Most auto trimmers have the knowledge and skills to wrap a dashboard in leather, but not many can create an entire custom dash from scratch. While auto upholstery is certainly a multi-discipline trade, few trimmers have the fiberglass and metal-shaping expertise to tackle such a daunting task.

Fortunately, there are companies from which auto trimmers can order custom fiberglass dashboards.

Dashworks by Paul Atkins is one such company – offering both contemporary and vintage style dashes for most American vehicles from 1955 to 1987. In fact, Dashworks offers a line of custom dashes for over 160 different applications. Each constructed from high-quality composite and fiberglass materials.

While Dashworks has the largest selection, other companies offer impressive custom dashes designed for more specific makes and models. Take, for instance, Marquez Design’s seven-piece hand-laid fiberglass dash for first generation Camaros – which even comes equipped with a functional glove box.

Another favorite of mine is this custom dashboard for a 68-72 Chevelle/A-body designed by The Shop LLC. The look is modern, but somehow still manages to fit perfectly with the car’s classic style.

The custom dashboards offered by all three of these companies are vehicle specific – making for a relatively painless install. They’re also sold bare, so you can dress them up with whatever gauges, vents, paint or leather you or your customer like.

If wrapping a dash pad won’t cut it for your next project, consider a complete custom dashboard from Dashworks, Marquez Design or The Shop LLC.

1. I am looking for a dash for a 70 cuda can you help me out thanks Bill

2. Ernie Bennett says:

Do you make a dashboard for 54 thru 56 OLDSMOBILE tHANKS Ernie

3. Eric's Auto Upholstery says:

I’m an Auto Upholsteter in the Chicagoland area. I’m interested in getting a sample book from your company. Please contact me as soon as possible. I would appreciate it. Thanks, Eric
    Eric’s Auto Upholstery 708-244-4544

4. Kevin Lenford says:

I have a 1969 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible I want an all white dash with a space for a 7″ android double DIN radio

5. Phana ouch says:

I have a 68 2 door cadillac Calais I need a custom dash all white with green can u help ??

6. Bob Wagner says:

I have a 1976 El Camino. I prefer gauges to idiot lights so I am interested in a custom dash. Can you help ? Thanks in Advance.

• Ken says:

Bob,

I have a 1973 El Camino SS. I am in need of a new dash. Were you able to find someone that you would recommend to make a new dash.?

7. jessie tunis says:

i have a 1990 chevy silverado 1500 extended cab. can u make me a dashboard that is like a big rigs dash

8. charlie dash says:

Can you make a dash for a 1946 plymouth special deluxe?

9. corrie kohlman says:

There are a lot of us Pontiac Fiero guys looking for a company that does custom leather stitched dashes for our stock dashes , while there are many aftermarket dashes , some of us would like to keep it stock but with a custom stitched dash. Is this a task you would take on.

10. emar says:

I have a 68 Ford LTD, I wanted to know the price of making a custom dash?

11. Carroll Herndon says:

Would like a custom dashboard 1986 Lincoln Mark 7 LSC 150 mph or better plus tach and more. Thanks

12. Reader says:

Wow! It’s hard to believe all these people can read this article and not understand that it’s an article . . . not an advertisement. Read it again and get in touch with the companies mentioned in the article if you want to buy something.

13. Kieran says:

I need classic mini 1984 custom made dashboard going for award winning mini! Help? Cheers kieran

14. Eric says:

I’m looking for a different look on a dash for a ’89 mr2. Can you help?

15. Hello everyone. I appreciate you reading my article. There seems to be some confusion that I would like to clear up. The Hog Ring does not create custom dashboards nor can we help you with your individual projects.

In this article I mentioned 3 companies Dashworks by Paul Atkins, The Shop LLC, and Marquez Design, all of which offer custom dashboards for popular classic vehicles.

If you are enquiring about a custom dashboard contact these companies to see if they have one that will fit your vehicle. If not, contact your local auto upholstery shop and ask if they could build you a custom dashboard.

16. sean says:

I was wondering the cost of a 1967 chevy impala dash to be made, how much they generally cost.

17. David R. Franks says:

I have a 2003 Dodge Diesel, Extended Cab. I want a new Dash. I am willing to pay what ever it would cost to get it made. I am in the middle of rebuilding it. Please email me back a quote. The dashes you posted are fabulous!

18. buzzy broadus says:

i need a custom dash for a 1929 ford i need a speedometer,oil pres.,temp gauge and a voltmeter can u send me pic,s of what u can sug
    est and the price

19. Jim says:

See the problem, Naseem? You wrote too much. People can’t focus on more than 140 characters at a time these days.

–Jim

20. Jim says:

I wonder if this is just one guy screwing with us rather than multiple ADHD readers?

21. Jim says:

It’s got to be somebody screwing around – all the comments (except mine and Naseem’s) are inappropriate, and that’s just too much.

22. Jim says:

LOL. Too much. It’s late, and I’m having too much fun reading The Hog Ring. I’m going to sleep.

23. robert says:

I would like to know the cost to make a dashboard for a 97 dodge /pu 3500 one ton

24. Israel says:

I need a dashboard for a 74 posche 914 2.0

25. michael says:

hey I was wondering if you guys ever do dash on an 84 hilux 2wd dualcab ute

26. Mark says:

Can you replicate the dash for a 1967 lincoln continental (2door)? I’m trying to keep it as original as possible.

27. tim t says:

Well I know the shops I WON’T be taking car to. This is clearly an informative article and the shops that wernt informed during the simple but great article I wouldn’t trust with my project.

28. colton says:

can you make a dash for a 2000 silverado 1500 4wd lt

29. Larry Smith says:

I’m restoring a 1969 Camaro and would like to install a custom dash . Do you have any stock models for this year?

30. george says:

I have a 1976 Plymouth Trailduster, 318 engine with 4×4 5-point dodge transfer case. I need a new dashboard as mine is in serious disrepair, the last owner did nothing as far as upkeep or repairs go, and I’m stuck with his problems. If you are able to make a custom dash for it please let me know, also pricing. And if you know of any other companies that make custom dashes please let me know! thank you for your time.

31. mode says:

hello
    I have a 1982 Blazer model in very bad condition and I am in the process of completely renovated inside and out
    I’d like to know what you can submit it for a car of this type
    thanks alot

32. don says:

i looking for a dashboard for my 1990 dodge 150w ram can you help thank-you

33. don says:

1990 ram 150 truck need a new dash help thank-you

34. CV says:

I have a 94 Saturn Sc2. I don’t need a whole dash board. However the dash part that goes over the vents and meets the windshield is the piece I need.

Thanks your timely response is appreciated.

35. Kim Cook says:

I need my console and dash redone on my 1995 Dodge Stealth and I’m having trouble finding some place to do it that I can trust to do a good job. I live in Las Vegas and there really isnt anywhere I can get this done. What can you guys do for me?

36. Cliff Creel says:

I need a dash for my 94 gmc Sierra 1500, can anyone help. I don’t want no cheap cover.

37. fred says:

do you have ? do it your self wood etc.,Dash board kits for 2013 porsche 911 carrera?
    904 940 5692
    fcdflp@aol.com

38. Steve says:

Great article Naseem, thanks for the info, i did not know there was anyone in the business of building complete dash assemblies.(mostly only sheet metal fabricated, or an insert) I will certainly check out the guys you mentioned.
    I just wonder if all these people pay as much attention to their work as they do the articles? its really sad !
    Oh, and by the way, while im at it, can you make me a ….ahha Just kidding! Keep up the good work guys.
    Steve